- What it means to be diagnosed with FASD
- How your child might react to the diagnosis
- Tips on how to explain FASD to your child
- Focusing on their strengths
- How to alleviate blame and anger toward the birthmother (or how to approach the conversation if you are the birthmother)
- Links to helpful resources such as storybooks, to help you explain FASD
To read the full resource, visit the ‘Caregivers’ section of the CanFASD website.
Retrieved from: https://canfasdblog.com/2019/08/09/new-resource-how-to-explain-an-fasd-diagnosis-to-your-child/