As of April 1st, 2018, the Northwest Peace FASD Network (Society) will have received a grant of approximately $1.2 million by the Alberta FASD Cross-Ministry-Committee.
These funds will be used to support the enhancement and delivery of FASD-related services throughout the Northwest Peace Network. The support services are for: children, youth and adults.
A diagnosis is not needed to be eligible for support services. Agency services include: Parent Child Assistant Program Mentors and FASD Support workers
This year the Network funded programs and supports within the following agencies:
- Accredited Supportive Living Services (ASLS) for PCAP and FASD Supports in both the Grande Prairie area and the northern region around Peace River, Manning, Grimshaw, High Prairie, and Fairview.
- This year a new pilot program Correctional Centre FASD Release Program will be offered in partnership with Peace River Correctional Facility. Individuals will be supported as they prepare to be released.
- Aseniwuche Winewak Nation of Canada (AWN) for PCAP and FASD Supports in Grande Cache area.
- Lesser Slave Lake Indian Regional Council for PCAP mentorship in Drift Pile and Sucker Creek.
- Whitefish Lake Nation # 459 for PCAP mentorship in Whitefish Lake and Woodland Cree First Nation
For more Information about our agencies and their services please contact:
The NW Network Program Support, Kim Sillito, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NW FASD has been running a mobile diagnostic Clinic since 2013. The mobile clinic serves Grande Prairie, Peace River, High Prairie, and Grande Cache.
Our diagnostic and intervention team consists of a centralized coordinator and local professionals in the areas of Speech-Language, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health, Addictions, and others. We provide multi-disciplinary assessments for youth and adults who are suspected of prenatal alcohol exposure. Our diagnostic and intervention teams also provide referrals and recommendations for follow-up supports and after care.
For more diagnostic information contact Jen Duperron- Trydal
Phone: 780-533-5444 or Email: email@example.com
Two important things for you to know:
- The support services are for children, youth and adults
- A diagnosis is not needed to be eligible for support services