As of April 1st, 2018, the Northwest Peace FASD Network (Society) will have received a grant of approximately $1.3 million by the Alberta FASD Cross-Ministry-Committee.
These funds will be used to support the enhancement and delivery of FASD-related services throughout the Northwest Peace Network. The support services are for: children, youth and adults.
A diagnosis is not needed to be eligible for support services. Agency services include: Parent Child Assistant Program Mentors and FASD Support workers.
Partner Agencies 2019 -2021
This year the Network funded programs and supports within the following agencies:
- WJS ( Canada) for PCAP and FASD Supports in northern region around Peace River and area.
- Aseniwuche Winewak Nation of Canada (AWN) for PCAP and FASD Supports in Grande Cache area.
- Grande Prairie Family Education Society for PCAP and FASD Supports in Grande Prairie and area.
- Driftpile Nation for PCAP mentorship in Driftpile and area.
- Whitefish Lake Nation # 459 for PCAP mentorship in Whitefish Lake and Woodland Cree First Nation.
The Network also funds programs on 3 Metis Settlements in the High Prairie area:
- Gift Lake Metis Settlement for an FASD Mentor. This is a combination of FASD Supports and the PCAP Mentor program.
- East Prairie Metis Settlement for an FASD Mentor. This is a combination of FASD Supports and the PCAP Mentor program.
- Peavine Metis Settlement for an FASD Mentor. This is a combination of FASD Supports and the PCAP Mentor program.
For more Information about our agencies and their services please contact:
The NW Network Program Support, Kim Sillito, for more information at email@example.com
The NW FASD has been running a mobile diagnostic Clinic since 2013. The mobile clinic serves Grande Prairie, Peace River, High Prairie, and Grande Cache and surrounding communities.
Our diagnostic and intervention team consists of a centralized coordinator and local professionals in the areas of Speech-Language, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health, Addictions, and others. We provide multi-disciplinary assessments for youth and adults who are suspected of prenatal alcohol exposure. Our diagnostic and intervention teams also provide referrals and recommendations for follow-up supports and after care.
To view and print our Diagnostic Clinic referral package click here: NWPFASD network- Diagnostic clinic referral package
For more diagnostic information contact Jen Duperron- Trydal
Phone: 780-533-5444 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two important things for you to know:
The support services are for children, youth and adults
A diagnosis is not needed to be eligible for support services